Friday, October 21, 2011

My Philosphy of Education Part 1

Abstract

In an effort to isolate a personal philosophy of education, I began with a random list of statements beginning with “I believe . . .”   The result was a list of 22 statements that encompass what used to be loosely associated beliefs that I held about education and my role in it as a teacher.  This paper provides a treatment of the individual statements and how they work together to define what I think about life, the world, purpose, meaning, truth, values, educational theory and practice, philosophy of schools and learning, educational practice, teachers’ and learners’ roles and relationships, and diverse characteristics.  I found that my philosophy centers on how to teach students so that they take responsibility for their spirituality, their community, and themselves by incorporating in my teaching strategy Biblical principles, teacher role models, and personally held passions about education.

No comments:

Post a Comment