Sunday, November 6, 2011

Concert

[I've decided to move some of my poetry to my blog.  This one was written after a Newsboys concert in 2008.]

It's not loud enough til it rattles my bones

Til my heartbeat is rob'd of a rhythm of its own

Til I turn toward the deluge of the thundering bass

And its force creates wind that pounds at my face

You can't call it noisy 

you'd be more than just wrong

There's so much unnoticed to be felt in this song

The next thing that happens the crowd starts to dance

Rises to its feet in a unified stance

All with one voice

the bold and the timid

Cry outward in unison

not a quiet one in it

An exchange of energy

an electrical charge

Harmonious Cauca phony sounds an alarm

A rest or a pause

an imperceptible beat

Screams silence that's louder than the drums and their beat

And just for a moment they suspend the score

And my mind cannot fathom the final encore

It's not loud enough til it rattles my bones

It's not loud enough til the Sprit's at home!



(c) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment