Sunday, November 6, 2011

Reflexion

I see her face so clearly

It's the one I can't shut out

Resounding with seduction

Her eyes reveal her doubt

She says I cannot measure up

To her level of perfection

But I'll spend a lifetime taking in

Her summative rejection

I'll never even question her

When I'm weak with near starvation

When my energy is running low

And I've lost my concentration

"It's worth it" I will tell myself

I purchase another lie

My value solely measured by

Her perfect airbrushed eyes

It never will occur to me

I'm chasing an illusion

She slips into my consciousness

And orchestrates my ruin

Then one day I will find myself

Almost getting there

I've bartered everything I was

For this shadow of despair

I like the view; I take it in

All eyes are on me

I cannot help but notice when

I sense familiarity

Another one who isn't sure

Falters on her feet

I cannot take my eyes from her

She is so intimate to me

She sees my face so clearly

It's the one she can't shut out

Resounding with seduction

My eyes reveal my doubt . . .



(c) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment