Thursday, August 23, 2012

Deployment Journal Month 2



25 May 2010
might be in need of a dog/cat sitter and lawn mower in the near future! If willing and able, please msg me and I'll send you the details. Thanks in advance!
So, guess whose kid is getting an award at his middle school tomorrow? That's right--it's an Arnold. I can't wait to find out what it is . . .
26 May 2010
has noticed that lots of people like "you." In other news, Connor was graced with an impromptu bday party yesterday (even though he doesn't turn 16 until Saturday) because he had his whole band over anyway for practice! Pizza delivery solves all sorts of problems and it turns out that I had exactly enough flour to make a birthday/brownie cake and enough candles to to put an "H" (for Hammy)!
Aloha Oe?
27 May 2010
embarking on a strange and familiar journey soon!
28 May 2010
another adventure begins! Connor is behind the wheel--look out, North Shore =D
29 May 2010
this status is dedicated to @Connor Arnold on his 16th birthday today! We love you and are very prooid of you!
got our seats to Travis!!! Now for a place to sleep . . .
That is quite possibly the strangest thing we've ever done for a birthday in our family. I'm glad connor's a good sport :)
sat next to the coolest guys on the plane today. One sketched an injured soldier on his way to get medical care and the other worked diligently on his summer Lit reading without complaining.
30 May 2010
impromptu tour of North Cali! Try Hawaii Tuesday :)

31 May 2010
Happy Memorial Day Corey Arnold! And to all the soldiers in our unit, BCT, Division, army wide, and the military at large! Remembering that freedom has a cost--thanks for paying it for us!!
01 Jun 2010
has learned many valuable lessons on this (almost) trip to Hawaii. lesson #1: if you can't get to Hawaii, take some pictures of the palm trees in California.
has to see the A-Team!! "I love it when our plan comes together!"
02  Jun 2010
thinks it's weird to be going somewhere but not know to where exactly it will be!
chatting it up at the MAC terminal with a family of fellow Fort Campbellites!
pretty amazes that less than 2 minutes after the boys and I prayed for passage on a flight to Hawaii, an unscheduled flight opened up in which 10 passengers were selected--increasing our chances and lifting my spirits dramatically!
well lots of people are now on their way to Hawaii. we aren't with them, but we're ok with that. We can now plan our trip back home knowing we did everything we could possibly do to make it happen. Aloha everyone!
03 Jun 2010
is getting on a plane going somewhere! anyone wanna guess where?
Ummmm I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto! Wait . . .actually . . .that's exactly where we are :)
I have a sneaky feeling that none of the passengers on any of the upcoming (alleged) flights to Hawaii will get to sit in the cockpit for half the ride there like my kids got to =D
04 Jun 2010
night have called Trace' this morning to ask about crashing at her place for the night rather than from an hour and a half away if there had been realization that her house was in the way to their destination. Thank God for friends who are available. And hotel reservations that can be canceled :)
05 Jun 2010
is in the passenger seat of our car as Connor drives us the last stretch to home! keep an eye out for a note I will be posting about our Space A adventure. Let me know of you want me to tag you in it.
is home =D
06 Jun 2010
Happy birthday to anyone who had one in the past 9 days! I hope it was a spectacularly enthusiastic day and that you got to spend it with loved ones =D
The first act is the pledge. The second act is the turn. The final act is called The Prestige--which is what we're watching right now!
07 Jun 2010
If you would like to help sponsor a full page ad for The Jason Foundation, Inc. at the 2011 Tennessee International pageant for just $10, I could really use your help! www.jasonfoundation.com keeping more than just dreams alive!
textbook is upstairs. So is my bed. Textbooks make me tired.
is having a grocery emergency. We are out of coffee!!
08 Jun 2010
Okay Connor Arnold, I deleted everyone in my friends list who I never went to school with, never talk to, or really don't know. Happy?
feels so weird to have just scheduled Connor for his driver license test this Friday. It wasn't that long ago that I took mine! And to this day, I admit that I should not have passed it. Well, that guy had no business walking on the sidewalk . . . ;-)
09 Jun 2010
Please help by donating $10 to print full page ads in the Tennessee International Pageants program book and Fort Campbell High School 2011 yearbook to "help keep more than dreams alive" through The Jason Foundation, Inc. Message me for more info.
is really proud today to be married to a Bastogne soldier. I love you Corey Arnold!
Please help by donating $10 to print full page ads in the Tennessee International Pageants program book and Fort Campbell High School 2011 yearbook to "help keep more than dreams alive" through The Jason Foundation, Inc. Message me for more info.
thanks to netflix, is watching "The Greatest American Hero!" believe it or not =D
10 Jun 2010
You know, as much as I'd love to find out who said they think I speed when I'm driving, I just don't want to answer 50 questions about all of you pertaining to things I really couldn't possibly know! So just come clean--who said I speed and that they could beat me in a fight, huh?? ;-)
11 Jun 2010
USA! USA! USA!!
is going to Paris for lunch today! No really =D
Can I go to bed now?
is watching "The Case for Christ" (Strobel, 2007). Have you read/seen it? What did you think?
12 Jun 2010
it is now safe to announce the addition of a teenage driver in our home as well as a ridiculously high insurance premium! We were waiting to let Corey know before telling anyone else.
When I was shopping for 4th of July stuff to send to Corey, Connor thought we should send him a sombrero which I said didn't exactly fit the 4th of July theme, "But what if dad is secretly Mexican?" he asks.
Mrs. Fort Campbell International 2011
Friends and Family supporting the awareness and prevention of Youth Suicide.
www.jasonfoundation.com > The Jason Foundation
www.twloha.com > To Write Love on Her Arms
thinks it's funny that Connor and Jareth are trying to be quiet AND have fun at the same time ;-) Nice try, boys!
13 Jun 2010
I will give a fb shout out to anyone who helps out with this! Thanks for reposting Mary Jane Wilson- Kent
probably should glam up my profile pic while I'm representin' TN International!
14 Jun 2010
To all my married, single, and teen friends who live in TN--if you've been thinking about entering a pageant, the TN Int'l system is a great one and you will get to compete with yours truly! Seriously, if I can do it, anyone can--check it out www.tncrowns.com
Still need those 65 $10 sponsors to reach my goal of placing TWO full page ads for JFI in 2011! Please help me out--I NEED you. (Well, I guess I need your $$, but that doesn't mean I don't love you!!
can anyone tell me how long it will take on a weekday morning to get to Nashville from Fort Campbell? Specifically Hermitage Golf Course by 8:30am
is excited to help out at the Philip Fulmer/ Charlie Damiels Golf Classic tomorrow in support of The Jason Foundation.
15 Jun 2010
watching the Charlie Daniels band perform live right now. I'm just a tiny bit starstruck!!
16 Jun 2010
dropped Caleb off in Memphis and won't get him back for 11 days. I didn't leave him there all alone. Don't worry. He'll be hangin' with his uncle in AR.
Thank you to those who have donated so far! Keep 'em coming =D I'll tell you when you can stop. I promise ;-)
Might never be able to quit or give up or come up with another excuse why I "can't." Not after watching Pursuit of Happyness.
17 Jun 2010
could use a trustworthy house/pet/lawn-sitter in the Ft. Campbell area. Anyone know anyone who'd be interested? Message me and I'll get you the details.
18 Jun 2010
19 Jun 2010
You can help right now by adding The Jason Foundation, Inc. as a facebook friend. You might just save someone's life
Shout out to George Arnold for being a contributer to help place an ad for JFI! I'll update again tomorrow!
finally finished the last pre-course assignment before I head to my Intensive class next week--an outline on the illustrious George Counts for a presentation I will be giving.
20 Jun 2010
just realized that our family will be spending Father's Day with each member in a different state/country. Happy Father's Day to my dad and my husband.
is hanging out with Melissa Settje Ice! I told her keep that baby in there!
21 Jun 2010
has been a student at Liberty University since 2004. completed my undergrad in 2006 and am currently halfway through my graduate degree and today is the first day I have ever sat in one of their classrooms.
22 Jun 2010
23 Jun 2010
needs to make some very strong coffee.
should have paid better attention to the term "intensive" upon agreeing to take this class. What's in a root word anyway, right?
All training materials provided by The Jason Foundation are offered FREE of charge because of generous grants. If you are a youth worker, teacher, school administrator, or parent and would like FREE information about preventing youth suicide, please go to www.jasonfoundation.com and find out how you can get trained!
24 Jun 2010
educational thinker presentation--check! Educational philosophy debate--check! Got to talk to husband--anyone? anyone? Beuller? :(
ate way too much very bad (for you) food. Please don't tell Jill Knapp-Woolsey! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment