Thursday, August 23, 2012

Deployment Journal Month 3


24 June
I had to watch this for my class (because it discussed an educational philoophy). So I thought I'd share with you, too. You're welcome! ;-)
needs help from any of my former students!!! I "get to" write a paper on my philosophy of education. If you could give me one piece of advice, from the student to the teacher, what would it be? Why? You can message me or post it here.
25 June
can't believe how few people want to tell their teacher how they should do their job!! Guess I'll just take that as a sign . . . unless any of my students would like to chime in on what advice they'd give their "old" teacher!
26 June
Help!!! Connor Arnold is using big words!! Doesn't he know I just got back from a PHILOSOPHY class??? I think I left him alone far too long . . .
In honor of those soldiers who gave the ultimate sacrifice. http://irunfortheparty.com/
I recently found out that Rascall Flatts is now partnering with The Jason Foundation! What is your favorite Rascall Flatts song? I may have to become a fan =D I have also added new sponsors--I will post them tomorrow because I really need to get to sleep tonight!! http://b1.jasonfoundation.com/
27 June
‎"I don't need to cuss. I know some big words." --Connor, age 16
only needs 57 more sponsors to reach my goal thanks to Lillian Ruiz-Orellana, Savannah Leyde, and George Arnold!!
29 June
was not prepared for the aftermath of my deep tissue massage! Ouch!
30 June
I think this might be when it starts to get hard. Loving and missing you Corey Arnold. But today's gonna be a good day no matter what! =D
1 July
To our Idaho and Colorado friends, we're heading to your neck of the woods next week! This is your only warning! Haha!
Word of advice for all you 1-32 Cav wives out there. if you order merchandise from the Bandit store in Cafe Press, do not be tempted to order from the "girl bandit" section unless your DADDY really IS a bandit. I'm just sayin'. And if anyone, who's daddy really is a bandit is in the market for an XL cap sleeve T, I know where you can get a great deal.  Ahem
2 July
loves to write. So WHY can't I get started on this paper????
Wanna have some fun? Friend my friend Daisy Martin and her cousin Matthew Maples. Why? Because they're trying to get 100 mutual friends by the end of the night. I hear there's some monopoly money in it for the 100th person. Good luck :)
Now, would I let my son friend people who weren't cool? huh? Seriously, what else are you gonna do tonight? Friend Daisy Martin and Matthew Maples. It'll be fun.
3 July
My work here is done :)
in a moment of weakness, downed some of the delicious alfredo that Connor Arnold whipped up for dinner last night followed by this comment from him, 'Would this be a bad time to tell you that you're really looking skinny these days?"
Countdown to Caleb Arnold's facebook page debut--14 days and counting!! Whoo hoo!
wants to talk to the organizer who planned the race start time for 7am.
4 July
5k this morn to honor our fallen heroes. So very thankful for our independence and freedom. I wish I could do more . . .

how many 5ks from here to Afghanistan?

‎"No," I keep telling Connor Arnold, "It's perfectly normal for a 16 year old to be addicted to classical Russian music. When I was your age, I couldn't get enough, myself!" Yeah, I just keep telling him that. (13 Days to Caleb's facebook page debut!)

watched a few fireworks go off in the distance decked out in glow bracelets with the kids (who thought they were at a Rave). I was figuring the lighting bugs would put on a good show if our "seats" for the fireworks (from the back yard) weren't so hot.
Top of Form
6 July

so excited for the two baby girls born in the past two days! Congrats to the proud parents of Eliana and Claire!

can't remember if Colorado Springs is humid or not. Missouri sure is!

thinks it's wrong for kids to give parents a taste of their own medicine. "Well Mom, sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do?"

Darn If we didn't miss the Meatloaf Festival in Flint Hills, KS. Maybe next year =D

ok, this van aint big enough for the three of us.

Made it to the Springs with the boys! Settling in for the night and wondering what to do tomorrow. Any ideas anyone? Haven't been here in 7 years.

7 July

temperature highs in the 70's today. I am in heaven! Now to stay hydrated. Gatorade, anyone?

Decision=Garden of the Gods. Any takers?

Connor, Caleb, and I earned our lunch today. Dinner, too (thanks Robin & Ed). Next time we get lost at Garden of the Gods, we'll fill the water bottles first =/

8 July

Just turned in the final project for my class! Had an awesome lunch with the Weathers today--it was so nice to meet you guys!!

9 July

is being chauffeured around Colorado Springs by Connor. We had a great dinner with the Bruners last night. And Smokey =D

Connor, when passing by the Powers Animal Rehab Center said, "Is this where you bring your cat when it's addicted to catnip?".

So, with a completely straight look on his face, Caleb asked if he could have a "man card" for his birthday. Perhaps if I can find one on sale =D. But only 8 more days til he gets his own Facebook account! (Awesome lunch with Vicki, Brandon, and Bri today!)

got attacked by a pilon in a construction zone! Connor managed to knock it off to the side of the road thereby saving the lives of possibly thousands of motorists :). (Pilon rhymes with Cylon. Hmmmm.)

10 July
‎"Caleb, what are you doing? I said 'brush your teeth' not 'brush your hair!'"

don't need no edjacayshun.

11 July

wants to publicly apologize to Paxton Tupper. There.

12 July

I love being back "home" for this time, but I find myself missing my Army spouse family today! Glad to have so many places to call home :)

It stays light really late here. It's kinda throwing me off a little.

13 July

Just wanna shout out to my 1BCT Chappie Spouses, Nancy Everest Odell Robyn Randall Magen Kelley Roberts Carrie Carlile Odell Melissa Settje Ice and little Eliana! BASTOGNE!!!!

14 July

Another shout out to the spouses of 1-32 Cav! Too many to tag--which makes us a force to be reckoned with! Hooah!

15 July

Technology--schmechnology. Who needs a BlackBerry anyway? Evidently not me =/

has 3 things to say 1) Zumba should be offered in a room. You know--the kind with walls that separate the weight lifters from the Zumba-ers. 2) WANASGites, I hope you like liver and onion birthday cake. What? I told Caleb he had 20 minutes to get out the door or . . . 3) Aspercreme!! Did you all know it actually works on back and knee pain?  And you didn’t tell me?

16 July

has a new phone and no idea how to use it. Hmmm.

17 July

Well, it is officially Caleb Arnold's 14th birthday! Happy birthday Caleb and we love you very much!!

The Sorcerer's Apprentice was an homage to physics geeks everywhere. And the guy who plays the kid saves Nicolas Cage's perfrmance.

19 July

Soooo, CarolBeth Crane Hawn made me cry today. Yep, she did!!

21 July

was a study of non productiveness today.

22 July

I can't believe the news coverage being given to a spoiled 20-something year old. Here are a few 20 year-olds worth knowing about: Justin Allen 23, Brett
Linley 29, Matthew Weikert 29, Justus Bartett 27, Dave Santos 21, Chase
Stanley 21, Jesse Reed 26, Matthew Johnson 21, Zachary Fisher 24, Brandon King 23, Christopher Goeke 23, & Sheldon Tate 27.  These 20 somethings gave their lives for you this week.  Lindsay who?

Benefit concert with Reilly right NOW at Eagle Christian Church. Come on down :-)

23 July

is surrounded by boys. Everywhere I look--boys! I'm so glad tonight is girls' night :)

is going out with the girls tonight, and Caleb Arnold says to me, "And you're wearing THAT?"

No comments:

Post a Comment