Thursday, August 23, 2012

Deployment Journal Month 4


24 July
One quarter. 3 months. 25%. 1/4. That's how much deployment has gone by so far. I wonder what the next 3 months will hold for us.
is only social on facebook. That's just how it is :)
25 July
is really proud of Cydney Sizeler Miller, Jensen Ellen Hart, and Jurnee Carr for representing Tennessee so beautifully at nationals!! Good job girls. Phil Frazer is a very lucky director :)
26 July
doesn't need everyone's contact information--only the important ones ;-) If you're one of my important contacts, please message me your number and address. Thanks. (Not sure if you qualify? I'll let you decide. LOL!)
still needs a brilliant plan to sponsor an ad page for suicide prevention in my son's high school yearbook and the TN International pageant program book. Which sounds better to you--a garage sale/fund raiser or Mary Kay sale/fund raiser? First deadline is Aug. 14.
27 July
Is gonna brave the Y today then take on the clothing room at the Ranch! Cue superhero music.
Enjoyed Olive Garden with my boys tonight. That is until Caleb said, "Mom, have you given up on your diet?"
28 July
is so grateful for the help of friends while we take this "little" trip; Lillian Ruiz-Orellana for spoiling our pets, Melissa Leonguerrero for being on guard of our home, April Christenson Tupper and Paxton Tupper for putting up with us--I mean putting us up, and of course Chettie Cole for having yet another teenage boy inhabit their home.
29 July
is tired of the one week's worth of clothes I brought on this 1 month visit--but I don't have the heart to complain about it in the face of knowing that friends lost everything in the fire yesterday and would probably be thrilled to have one week's worth of clothes right now :(
must have done something realllly bad!! The TV in my room is gone! In other news, I wish I could have been there for Military Spouses' Day with the rest of my Bandit ladies!
30 July
Is about to cash in on my Dutch bros coffee drink Connor owes me. I'm going o order something cold, decaf, & sugar-free: everything coffee is not s'posed to be
31 July
Wants to reboot.
Thinks you should come down to the Canyon County fair and say hi to me!
1 Aug
‎'s eyes are leaking just a tiny bit.
‎'s phone now operates normally. So much phone drama.
2 Aug
Managed to score a decent seat-mate for the bus ride to CIY.
3 Aug
First order of business at Corvallis CIY--clapping clinic/tutorial. We are now learned clappers.
is so thankful to Kaylea Scott for bringing an extra towel for her brother and deciding that he A) didn't need it or B) didn't deserve it. Now to find a sheet!
6 Aug
Kicked it old school tonight with Robin Sigars who spoke on the influence that his wife had whie dying of cancer. Felt like I traveled back in time 22 years.
7 Aug
In my pocket is a challenge--a mission--if I choose to read what it says, I must agree to do what it says (if I have any semblance of integrity) or I can throw
would love to tell you more about the week's events at the Christ In Youth conference, but has just been informed that what happens at CIY stays at CIY. . .
is posting a vital sign check for Robyn Randall, Carrie Carlile Odell, Magen Kelley Roberts, Melissa Settje Ice, and Nancy Everest Odell: Pulse? check. Respiration? check. Facebook status? check. :) See you girls later in the week!!
8 Aug
Well, unless the chair is supposed to feel like it's surfing ocean waves and the computer is supposed to look like it's dodging baseballs in a batting cage, I think I better get to bed before I get car sick sitting in the living room.
is really impressed wtih Teenage Boy upgrade 14.0. It includes a partial tree-root removal feature when you down load the will-work-for-food software!
9 Aug
bags are packed. Ready to go. Well, mostly ready. I love you guys!!!!
Has got to be the only American driving cross country today with a dead shark along for the ride. Thanks, Arwen. Thanks, Mik.
Wyoming, we seriously have to stop meeting like this. No really. I mean it. =/
10 Aug
noticed that when you write a name in black marker on a clear ligjtbulb, you can't see the writing after the bulb is lit. (CIY reference. Anyone else notice?)
Hello Kansas! Didn't we just see you?
11 Aug
Is on th e final stretch.
This status marks the official end of summer for the Arnolds. Next adventure starts right now--better buckle up. :D
12 Aug
somehow got the kids out the door to school today. Did we just spend 3 days driving across the country (with a dead shark) or was that just my imagination?
Does anyone know if Awaken Salon and Day Spa in Hopkinsville has closed? The number is disconnected.
restocked the fridge. Please don't ask me to do anything else today!
does anyone know how to unstick an emergency brake on a suzuki vitara? At least I think that's what's wrong wtih it. It won't move in any direction, but it tries.
13 Aug
is gonna settle down with the kids to watch the next episode of Heroes. Only problem is we can't seem to remember which episode we left off or what happened since it's been over a month! Should be fun =D
14 Aug
Thinks it's awesome how confidently Caleb said he would take a look at Connor's car to see if he can fix it himself. He totally could, too!
also, found it ironic that we always joked about how many points you could earn for hitting moving targets while driving, and points on your driving record are exactly something that nobody wants. Ok I'm done now. Go back to your lives, citizens
15 Aug
We Are Marshall is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Of course I haven't seen any movies in a long time either; -)
16 Aug
I made a hard decision last month to withdraw from the TN Int'l Pageant. While I love competing, I just could not be ready by the deadline due to some poor planning on my part. However I'm still committed to suicide prevention and awareness and will continue to work with organizations that are dedicated to ending this tragedy!
could really use some help! Is anyone available Wednesday afternoon to help get Caleb to a dentist appt? Please msg me and I'll fill you in on the details. Thanks in advance!
17 Aug
has awesome kids.
Is not sure how this Pac NW girl ended up in the South. Texas--you are HOT!! And that is not a compliment!
20 Aug
Doesn't understand why clothing companies don't pay people to wear clothes that have a label so ridiculously large they resemble a walking billboard.
graduated from Military Child Education Coalition Parent to Parent training today! Now, if only I could navigate the Dallas airport =/
Is home and will not be going anywhere any time soon.
21 Aug
is proud of all of you that Ran for The Fallen this morning. Would have been there if last week hadn't been so intense!
just made a deal with Caleb Arnold to work on a book together: his art + my poems!! Can't wait to see how it turns out =D
Who's going to Jazz on the Lawn today?
22 Aug
is sporting a new blister on each heel.
23 Aug
Did Bella really just tell her father she was going on a date with Edward Cullen while he was cleaning his gun??

No comments:

Post a Comment