Thursday, August 23, 2012

Deployment Journal Month 6


(Disclaimer: the following was posted in 2010.)

24 September
Ok let's see now . . . what % is 5 out of 12? 5 divided by 12 = (hold on, I'm getting out the calculator!) 41.666666666% Which means that today, we are roughly 42% down and 58 left to go!!


I almost had a boring day subbing in 7th grade Science. There were absolutely no behavior issues with anyone in the first two classes. I thought about inciting some mischief, but luckily remembered that it's not about me. The classes after lunch all made up for it!


doesn't think skype is quite as good as the real thing!


25 September

Big day, BSU!!!


Keep me posted on the game, will ya?


Finds it really hard to enjoy a movie since Connor has started taking video production, "That's an establishing long shot, Mom." "Thanks for letting me know, Connor."


26 September

Good thing my BSU Tshirt is clean today =D


29 September

Never tried fish tacoes before. Just didn't like the sound of it. Made 'em for dinner tonight and WOW! Can't believe I've been missing out all this time :) I have a new favorite!


30 September

is stylin in knee high boots today in preparation for our fall get-together with some of the best women in the Army!! Pro Deo et Patria!!


Is there anything more pathetic than a beagle sitting at his front door with his nose longingly tuned to the outside world and his own leash in his mouth? Considering he would have had to have gotten the leash off the hook himself? Sorry buddy, maybe one of your boys can take you for a walk when they get home!


1 October

took Caleb out to dinner while Connor was at band practice. Don't worry, we brought him a doggie box ;-)


2 October

got worn out by our yard sale today, but we now have enough money for a full page color ad for sucide awareness and prevention in the Fort Campbell High School Yearbook! And Connor got all of his ad slots sold, too :) Thanks everyone!!


3 October

heading out to meet my dad and step mom in Hurricane Mills for the afternoon. Actually gonna explore a little of Tennessee =D


actually did get lost in the TN backwoods today. Long story, but is that a banjo I hear playing in the background? We were reallllly glad to catch up with my folks finally :)


4 October

thinks the Kroger sale on Campbell's soup was good timing. I picked Caleb up early from school today and he fell right asleep. Chicken Noodle soup coming right up!


5 October

sighed resignedly and in the breath that came out said to Caleb, "You're scarin' me . . ." to which he replied, "Is that a first?"


6 October

is not ready, but is going anyway!


Why must 3am have to come so early? And why did I agree to skip all other beverages save tap water for the next two weeks on the night before waking up at 3am??? http://www.activewater.org/


7 October

Made it to Grammy and Tom's safely!


doesn't really care for this new fragrance--eau d' "Off."


9 October

Thinks BSU is having another great game tonight! Thanks to Rik for keeping me in the loop.


11 October

literally had the best ribs ever in the history of ribs last night!


might be a bit travel-weary. Trying to devise a way to take the next trip without luggage of any kind.


12 October

Is back home. Not quite ready for the tomorrowness of later today, but must face it nonetheless.


I think I can remember how we met!


13 October

Is wondering--are headaches contagious through Facebook contact?


14 October
could really use help with two things. 1. I need a couple of elementary age kids to help me finish my final project for my class this weekend. I've written two math lessons: one for 4th grade and one for 2nd grade and would love to teach it this Saturday afternoon. 2. we will pay a reasonable price for your unwanted Verizon cell phone in working condition that doesn’t require a data plan.  Thanks.
15 October

Is the proud host for some random bug that causes achy joints, headache, and vomiting. It was discovered while subbing in a 6th grade classroom today--thankfully the classroom was void of witnesses at the time it was discovered.


16 October

Connor Arnold asked, "Hey Mom, do you know what 'energy coupling' is?"
"Well, it's when a boy energy and a girl energy are very much in love . . ."
"Do you know what exergonic and endergonic energy is?"
"We were going to tell you when you were older . . ."


17 October

is watching Monk with the boys. I miss San Francisco!!


18 October

better not need any jeans until Monday. Every single pair is getting altered. When did I get so short?


19 October

‎"would you like me to throw [the fork] to you mom? Because I've been working on my aim and think I can get it to stick right between the S and D keys." -- Connor Arnold


20 October

is sooooo gonna drink the biggest cup of coffee ever tomorrow morning. First thing! http://www.activewater.org/


22 October

subbed for video production at the high school. Could hardly get the first class to say a word! I told them I was afraid I had no choice but to inform their teacher that they were impossibly well-behaved. They said they'd try harder next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment