Thursday, August 23, 2012

Deployment Journal Month 5


(For reference, these were written on the date in 2010!)

24 August
Today, this deployment is 4 months old.

I'm about to watch The Notebook. I hope everything I heard isn't true.


25 August

thinks it's perfectly acceptable to rinse off the BBQ implements in the garden hose when done using them!!


26 August

engaged in a battle of wits with the beagle last night. He is the sneakiest of my kids.


liked Plan A better--the one that didn't include talking any classes this fall. =/


I need help from my Hawaii friends--STAT!! Flower on left means "taken" right? Or is it the right? Don't confuse me, now ;-)


In case your kids are taking chemistry, I recommend you have them conduct the red cabbage + ammonia lab at a friend's house. Preferably a friend you don't care for much =/


27 August

just challenged Ross Knudsen and Cindee Fox Nebeker to a contest to see who can get the most friends to change their profile pic to the lovely one you see displayed to the left of this status! So, there you have it. Your mission is to change your profile pic crediting me for the idea so I can win.


at connor's insistence just finished Stranger Than Fiction. Good flick.


is getting confused with so many identical profile pics. Whose idea was this again?


28 August

is now free to change her profile picture back to . . . something besides a highjacked photo of a DQ Peanut Buster Parfait. The contest winner is Cindee Fox Nebeker! Hope you enjoyed your guilt-free PBP!


is not at all bitter that the work I just spent an hour writing up for my class disappeared via "error" when I tried to submit it. Not even bitter about the fact that this happens at least once in every class taken and that it's only AFTER this happens that i remember to copy the thread before attempting to post it because if it disappears, it’s just gone.  Like Toby Keith said, “She’s goooooone!”

29 August

needs back replacement surgery--STAT!


31 August

Housing installed vertical blinds on our back door and Caleb thinks they did it so he'd have something new to play with =D


helping lead my first Parent to Parent workshop this morning. Sink Library at 10:30--Early Literacy for parents and children! If you have little ones, and you are at Fort Campbell, you should come! www.militarychild.org


‎"Mom, this is really weird. I can't find anything about this Riot Squad Records patch that dad sent."
"Well, if you can't find it on Google, then it doesn't exist."


1 September

somewhere in my house is a half-drunk cup of coffee unflatteringly cooling itself off while it hides from me. And no, the cup is not drunk nor is the coffee itself. I just do not know the correct English for past-perfect for that particuluar verb. Or is that even the right verb tense?


‎" . . . and that's all I'm going to tell you because its actually pretty complicated for a 97 page book!"--Connor on why I should read Animal Farm.

 

‎"No Mom. He's just showing you what it feels like to be ignored!"--Caleb, explaining why Connor just said "what?"

 

pro deo et patria!

 

4 September

 

hopes to see lots of friends at Jazz on the Lawn today!

 

5 September

 

Is it possible that there's a TV character more stupid than Matt Parkman on Heroes???

 

‎"So mom, if you're fluent in sarcasm, does that mean you're bilingual?"
"Yes Caleb. That's exactly what it means."

 

6 September

 

Maybe it would have been best to not have had ESPN3.com recommended by Steve Bast C'mon BSU!!

 

7 September

 

Best Netflix genre category: Witty Opposites-attract Romance. 2nd Runner-up: Critically-Acclaimed Fight-the-System movies.

 

8 September

 

I wish I hadn't spent so much time hating school when I was a student. Now I can't get enough of it. I got to sub at a jr. high today and it just made me happy being there! I could live at school and be perfectly happy!!

 

9 September

 

has no idea what fell to the wayside today, but homwork is done, financial aid is stratightened out for class, and Connor applied for a few scholarships thanks to www.fastweb.com.

 

"Those are just facts and facts are just opinions and opinions can be wrong. The only thing that is never wrong is confidence." Veronica--Better Off Ted.

 

10 September

 

I naively thought that avoiding the news would be a smart thing to do during this deployment. Maybe I'm going to have to avoid facebook too? Say it isn't so =/

 

11 September

 

‎"Let's roll!"

 

just wants to say "thank you" and "I love you" to Corey Arnold today. Can't wait til you come home again :)

 

On my walk today, I noticed an empty cigarette box and I knew I was going to pass a garbage can in a quarter mile or so, so I picked it up. I wonder what the passers by thought since I was clearly not on a leisurely jaunt. "Can't that lady even manage to get through her exercise time without a cigarette?" Oh well.  Things aren’t always as they seem.

 

12 September

 

Oh yeah? Well my shopping cart is louder than your car! So there.,

 

‎"Legal is investigating that his death may have been a preexisting condition and he might not have been alive when we hired him." --Veronica; Better Off Ted.

 

13 September

 

The Military Families edition of "Minute to Win It" is scheduled to air tomorrow on NBC You'll have to check your local listing for time. We have no idea if we made "the cut" or not!

 

So Connor Arnold made note that too many of his friends like things and it clogs up his newsfeed. So he complained about it in his status. And Mikayla Twite liked it.

 

14 September

 

Remember to tune in to "Minute to Win It" tonight on NBC to catch the Military Families edition. Some families from our unit got to tape shout-outs to their soldier. Again, not sure if we made the cut. Check your local listing for time.

 

Remember to watch "Minute to Win It" tonight on NBC to see families from our unit saying hi to their soldiers overseas! Then let me know how it turns out because we don't get any TV channels--haha! Repost if you want :)

 

Hooah--Fort Campbell/101st ABD is representin' tonight!!

 

15 September

 

Felt like I spent the day in a time warp. It was like I traveled back in time to 8th grade. No, wait, I did spend the day in 8th grade . . .

 

You have not lived until you've driven a van full of teenage boys home from youth group singing the Pokemon theme song. Word for word. On key. Both verses. (Did you even know there were two verses?)

 

16 September

 

‎"I was just talking out loud . . ." said Caleb Arnold by way of explanation for rambling. That's quite the observation there, kid! ;-)

 

needs some downers for the cat. Anyone got a tranq dart?

 

17 September

 

Pau Hana. TGIF!!!

 

Subbed for the Espanol teacher today. And now the voices in my head have Spanish accents =/

 

18 September

 

I was just thinking that sometimes, we get so behind our political ideal that we fail to see common sense if not presented by the one with the right color tie. I don't think Independents are all that sensible either cuz it's awful easy to adopt an ideal. A little harder to put it into practice.

 

Could not get Liberty's page to load to finish classwork, so Caleb and I were "forced" to watch a movie instead. I have a new appreciation for why John Newton referred to himself as a wretch.

 

19 September

 

well. since you mention it i am not really sure how many olive garden breadsticks can fit in one of those little togo boxes. Maybe you should ask Caleb Arnold. ;)

 

got an extension for the assignments due tonight. I can read all my classmates' posts--I just can't get the window open to reply to them. Guess I get to go to bed early tonight :)

 

20 September

 

I'm not trying to brag or anything, but I totally fixed the internet problem all by myself. Well, I had a little help from Jeff at AT&T, but I gotta say that is one good thing about deployment--You just gotta figure it out. There's no waiting for hubby to come home and fix it. Thanks for the opportunity to figure things out for myself Corey Arnold but don’t get any ideas ;-)

 

21 September

 

did not know there were still applications out there to block! Been slackin' =D

 

22 September

 

The weirdest things remind me that my best friend is away. Like putting the clothes in the dryer. Not my fave thing to do and wouldn't usually associate it with Corey Arnold (since I'm not known for my domestic skills) but nonetheless, that was the catalyst for the melancholy moment last night.

 

Connor Arnold seriously needs your help!!! He's on the yearbook staff for Fort Campbell High School and is required to sell 11 more ads for the yearbook at $50 each! PLEASE (that's begging, not yelling) if you have any reason at all to advertise in the Fort Campbell area, please let me know. He has been asking everyone he sees and he has until Oct. 1!

 

Thanks Missy Scrivner for supporting our yearbook efforts this year! Good luck in your Scentsy business!! Feel free to post a link to your page below if you like :)

 

23 September

 

‎10 cc's of coffee. STAT!

 

was tripled booked tonight. Decided to stay home and finally do that homework. A little sad to miss Bastogne Homefires, though :(

 

"Well, you're a girl, Mom! You're designed to do everything at once!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment